Do you have a background within responsibility and would you like to play a key role in making KIRKBI a leading responsible holding and investment company? Then join us in a position where you will influence the responsibility agenda across KIRKBI’s investment portfolio and general activities.
Join a high priority responsibility agenda
KIRKBI is on a journey with stronger integration of responsibility topics into how we invest and run our company. We are very ambitious in our aim to put responsibility more systematically at the core of our business decisions. As we are long-term investors, we truly believe that companies who can manage their material risks (including environmental, social and governance) are sound investments. Our responsibility agenda is an integral part of our fundamentals and you will join an organisation with a broad business portfolio and a strong set of well-established values such as quality, caring and learning, which all guide our work.
Integrate responsibility considerations into key investment and management processes
Overall, you support the implementation of KIRKBI’s 2020 responsibility strategy and the creation of a shared balanced responsibility culture. Here, you will participate in defining the responsibility methodology to be used in our business activities and working processes. To help you get started, you will collaborate with and gain inspiration from different teams. Your first main task will be to evaluate our responsible ownership practices, establish a baseline and set up operational targets for how to improve our practices. Moreover, you will support how we integrate ESG (environmental, social and governance) responsibility in our investment analyses – regardless of the type of investment. Here, you will:
- Support the different investment managers with fact-based analyses regarding which responsibility issues are most critical per investment and what is best practice in the industry
- Monitor engagement with companies on ESG and produce ESG reporting
- Support investment teams in driving engagement on critical responsibility topics across investment portfolios
- Support the responsibility ‘sounding board’ in bi-annual reviews of KIRKBI’s progress on the responsibility agenda
CSR and responsibility professional
The key to success is using stakeholder management and empathic collaborative skills to reach out to the organisation – opening doors and gaining inspiration as you go. And, you are comfortable working without a fixed framework from day 1. Moreover, you enjoy the variations in a job which delves on strategic talks one day and is more hands-on the next day. To facilitate this, you:
- Have 2+ years of experience working with responsibility, ESG, CSR, UN Global Compact e.g., in an investment company, industrial company, or consultancy
- Have a relevant education on bachelor or master level
- Understand operational approaches to Responsibility, ESG and CSR and the ability to translate these into impact on investments and holdings
- Have an unwavering interest in increasing your knowledge by e.g. attending company and industry presentations to always stay up-to-date with research, studies and industry trends
- Communicate effortlessly in English and Danish
How to apply
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Head of ESG and Risk Management Henrik Thomsen on +45 30 10 26 40 or HR Consultant Tanja Gade on +45 53 19 49 18.
You apply via this link. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
Please send your application as soon as possible, as we will be reading applications and conducting interviews on an ongoing basis. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
About KIRKBI A/S
KIRKBI A/S is the Kirk Kristiansen family’s holding and investment company. The company's strategic activities include 75% ownership of the LEGO Group, 29.9% ownership of Merlin Entertainments plc and investments in renewable energy. The company's investment activities also include significant long-term investments in companies such as ISS A/S, Falck A/S, and Minimax Viking GmbH as well as real estate investments in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany and the UK. Moreover, KIRKBI A/S provides administrative services to foundations and activities associated with the Kirk Kristiansen family. Common to all our activities is our dedication to quality, entrepreneurship and caring for people. KIRKBI has a long-term investment profile and is a responsible investor with a high ethical standard. For more information, please visit www.KIRKBI.com.
Apply for this position