Do you have the ability to turn concepts into sustainable businesses, helping to make new ideas come to life? Are you looking for a job where you are a key team member exploring and developing new playful experiences to take to market? If so, this is your chance to join the creative and visionary setup of LEGO Ventures.
Develop and launch new experiences in the business of play
We are looking for an Entrepreneur-In-Residence (EIR), who together with the newly established Studio Core Team will invent, build and launch new ventures. As EIR at LEGO Ventures, you are expected to bring your entrepreneurial talent and experience into play during the process of launching a new venture. Specifically, you will be;
- Work with the Studio Core Team at the very early stage of opportunity ideation and validation,
- Help to identify user problems and choose between potential solutions to address it,
- Draft potential business models and strategies,
- Validate market sizing & scalability,
- Lead the experience and business validation along with a dedicated task force,
- Lead the overall pilot testing process from a business standpoint
- Work with the Studio Core Team on building the experience (iterate on the MVP to find right Product/Market fit)
- Iterate to find right business model
- Draft potential startup business roadmap
There is the possibility to then become the CEO of one of these new ventures where you would ensure company growth and manage people and shareholders. Strong commercial and communication abilities are a must for this role!
This role is designed to be flexible in order to map the skills of the individual to a particular business. As our EIR, you will be building ventures from scratch, but you’ll be standing on the shoulders of giants and be able to access valuable domain expertise across our affiliated entities. Joining us will be both challenging and rewarding.
Direct impact on the builders of tomorrow
You will join LEGO Ventures to focus on exploring and developing never before seen experiences while still paying respect to the depth and heritage of the LEGO Brand and Idea. Your work will make a direct impact on our vision to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.
Entrepreneur at heart
We work in a small agile team where success is the ability quickly test and validate ideas, build prototypes and incubate potential new businesses. To further succeed in this role, we expect that you have:
- Passion and energy to take a rough idea from concept to product launch, and market traction. Wanting to solve big problems via business creation, should be a passion
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life, as well as passion and energy going from rough idea to product launch, and market traction.
- Strong resilience and interpersonal skills to succeed in a world with ups and downs, while at the same time maintaining communication and calm to stakeholders.
- A curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick, as well the ability to reconcile this understanding with commercial feasibility
- Experience as a founder or early stage start-up employee is valuable.
- A big plus: passion and good knowledge for kids, family, learning and play categories
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Michael Stahl, Head of Venture Incubation Studio at Michael.Stahl@LEGO.com.
We take candidates into the process on a running basis, so forward your cover letter and a current CV in English as soon as possible.
LEGO Ventures is a part of the KIRKBI Group thus the recruitment process will be handled by KIRKBI HR.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About LEGO Ventures
LEGO Ventures builds, incubates and invest in startups with a view toward supporting their growth and ultimately contributing to the broader LEGO ecosystem via partnerships, acquisition and new business divisions.
Our Venture Incubation Studio is a new initiative and we are assembling a dedicated team to invent, build, launch and scale new ventures that explore ideas beyond the LEGO brick and expand our reach, furthering our goal to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.
Apply for this position