Do you have the ability to turn concepts into working prototypes, helping to make new ideas come to life? Are you looking for a job where you are a key team member exploring and developing new playful experiences to take to market? If so, this is your chance to join the creative and visionary setup of LEGO Ventures.
Enabling new play experiences
You will have a vital role, working together with a small interdisciplinary team and Entrepreneurs-In-Residence to develop new playful concepts, products and services that hold the potential to become new businesses. You will be anchored in the Venture Studio core team to develop the full continuum from early mock-ups to MVP’s. Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of early prototypes and ideas to get rapid customer feedback and to facilitate communication among the team
- End-to-end technical development from initial research through to MVP
- Full stack web and/or mobile development
- Work as an advisor on various technologies in our wider LEGO Venture organisation
You should expect to travel 2-5 weeks a year.
Direct impact on the builders of tomorrow
You will join LEGO Ventures to focus on exploring and developing never before seen experiences while still paying respect to the depth and heritage of the LEGO Brand and Idea. Your work will make a direct impact on our vision to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.
Creative thinking and a passion for digital technology
We work in a small agile team where success is the ability quickly test and validate ideas, build prototypes and incubate potential new businesses. To further succeed in this role, we expect that you have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in building digital products or experiences in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment
- A masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency in at least one programming language and the ability to develop from front to back end (Python and Ruby are preferred)
- Proven experience in user centric rapid prototyping and a strong sense of commercial viability in product development
- Hardware hacking and prototyping experience is helpful (e.g. Arduino, etc.)
- iOS, Android and Unity development experiences
- Exposure and experience with services such as AWS, GitHub, etc are valued
- A strong understanding of emerging consumer trends and technologies (AR, AI, Voice, etc) and the role that they could have in enhancing play and learning experiences
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Michael Stahl, Head of Venture Incubation Studio at Michael.Stahl@LEGO.com.
We take candidates into the process on a running basis, so forward your cover letter and a current CV in English as soon as possible.
LEGO Ventures is a part of the KIRKBI Group thus the recruitment process will be handled by KIRKBI HR.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About LEGO Ventures
LEGO Ventures builds, incubates and invest in startups with a view toward supporting their growth and ultimately contributing to the broader LEGO ecosystem via partnerships, acquisition and new business divisions.
Our Venture Incubation Studio is a new initiative and we are assembling a dedicated team to invent, build, launch and scale new ventures that explore ideas beyond the LEGO brick and expand our reach, furthering our goal to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.
Apply for this position