Part Time Investment Analyst
Do you have strong analytical skills and a genuine interest in corporate finance and equity investments? Do you want exciting challenges and real “on the job” training? We are currently looking for two Part Time Investment Analysts for our offices in Billund and Copenhagen.
Join KIRKBI A/S as a Part Time Investment Analyst and become part of a strong, focused team working with a variety of investments. Our organization is flat with a short span from analysis and decision-making to execution.
This position is an opportunity to develop your personal and professional skill set while getting real “on the job” training. You will work with many different aspects of equity investments in both private and listed settings, in collaboration with other key members of the investment team.
KIRKBI is the holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family and the formal owner of the LEGO® brand with an investment portfolio of around DKK 70 bn.
Your key tasks and accountabilities
- Support to the investment team across asset classes (Renewables, Long Term-, Quoted- and Private Equity) in industry, market and company research
- Financial and strategic analysis incl. valuation modelling (DCF, LBO and comparable multiples)
- Development of new investment ideas with potential exposure to live transactions
- Take part in producing reporting materials for the KIRKBI Board of Directors and the KIRKBI Investment Committee
- Monitoring and follow-up analysis of existing and future investment opportunities
- You are at your final BA semester or the first year of your Master’s degree within a relevant field of study
- You have an outstanding academic track record and are ranked at the top end of your class
- You are fluent in Danish and English (written and spoken)
- You are accustomed to Microsoft Office - especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Genuine interest in corporate finance/M&A and equity investments
- Strong problem solving mind-set and analytical skills
- Eagerness to learn with an ambitious can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic with a high attention to detail
Our colleagues at The LEGO Group have great, organized carpooling opportunities for students and others who need transportation Aarhus-Billund.
About KIRKBI A/S
KIRKBI is the Kirk Kristiansen family’s private holding and investment company founded to build a sustainable future for the family ownership of the LEGO brand through generations.
Our work is focused on three fundamental tasks all contributing to enabling the Kirk Kristiansen family to succeed with the mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow: We work to protect, develop and leverage the LEGO brand across all the LEGO branded entities. We are committed to a long-term and responsible investment strategy to ensure a sound financial foundation for the family’s activities. And, we are dedicated to support the family members as they prepare for future generations to continue the active and engaged ownership as well as supporting their private activities, companies and philanthropic work.
KIRKBI’s strategic activities include 75% ownership of the LEGO Group, 47,4% ownership of Merlin Entertainments and investments in renewable energy. The company’s investment activities also include significant long-term investments in companies such as ISS, Nilfisk, Landis+Gyr and Falck as well as real estate investments in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany and the UK. www.KIRKBI.com