Senior Investment Manager, Renewables
Become part of KIRKBI's Renewables investment team on their interesting and ambitious journey
KIRKBI A/S is following an ambitious Renewables investment strategy and hereby support the LEGO Group’s commitment to balance global consumption of energy with renewable energy, while at the same time delivering attractive long-term returns. Our renewables strategy target investments in solar, onshore wind and offshore wind, Energy Storage and Power-to-X. Since 2012, investments into renewable energy have developed into a solid long-term business case, which is fully aligned with our sustainability as well as our financial ambitions. Therefore, KIRKBI has increased it’s focus on renewable energy investments.
As a Senior Investment Manager you will be engaged in?identifying investment opportunities and participate in?all aspects of the investment process focusing on Renewables. You will have a key role in the process from financial modelling to supporting and influencing the decision making.
Your responsibilities include:
- Proactively identifying and sourcing potential investment opportunities including quantitative and qualitative screening and analysis
- Conducting individual company evaluation including market attractiveness and future value creation potential
- Actively participating in all phases of the investment process
- Leading due diligence processes and conducting financial analysis of potential return levels and scenarios by being comfortable managing a diverse team of advisors
- Assisting in management of current investment portfolio companies, working through the Board of Directors on topics like strategic agenda, financial reporting, etc.
You live by our saying “Only the best is good enough” and we expect that you have the following qualifications:
- A financial or business oriented Master's degree from a renowned university and an outstanding academic record
- 5 + years' of broad, relevant experience with e.g. company due diligence and investment decisions, potentially from a position within an investment bank, a corporate or a top-tier management consultancy
- You have an entrepreneurial and opportunity-based mindset – and you are motivated by further developing the renewables investment area in KIRKBI
- Since we are working primarily with direct investment it will be an advantage, if you have experience in this area. Henceforward we will also be looking into opportunities within the indirect investment area (Funds) and thus it will be an advantage, if you have experience/interest within this area as well
- International experience is an advantage. As a minimum you have worked with international transactions
We will continuously support your development, so you can match our engagement and ambitions as well as the quality mindset and entrepreneurial spirit that we encourage.
Send your CV and application when you apply via our recruiting system as soon as possible, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Head of Renewables Kasper Trebbien, +45 53194917, kasper.trebbien@KIRKBI.com
About KIRKBI A/S
KIRKBI is the Kirk Kristiansen family’s private holding and investment company founded to promote a sustainable future for the family ownership of the LEGO brand through generations.
Our work is focused on three fundamental tasks all contributing to enabling the Kirk Kristiansen family to succeed with the mission?to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow: We work to protect, develop and leverage the LEGO brand across all the LEGO branded entities. We are committed to a long-term and responsible investment strategy to ensure a sound financial foundation for the family’s activities.?And, we are dedicated to support the family members as they prepare for future generations to continue the active and engaged ownership as well as supporting their private activities, companies and philanthropic work.
KIRKBI’s strategic activities include 75% ownership of the LEGO Group, 50% ownership of Merlin Entertainments and investments in renewable energy (current portfolio consist of Borkum Riffgrund 1, Burbo Bank Extension, Adapture Renewables, Inc. and Quantafuel). The company’s investment activities also include significant long-term investments in companies such as ISS, Nilfisk, Landis+Gyr and Falck as well as real estate investments in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany and the UK. www.KIRKBI.com