Part Time Investment Analyst
Do you have strong analytical skills and a genuine interest in corporate finance and equity investments? Do you want exciting challenges and real “on the job” training? We are currently looking for two Part Time Investment Analysts for our headquarters in Billund.
Join KIRKBI A/S as a Part Time Investment Analyst and become part of a strong focused team working with a variety of investments. Our organization is flat with a short span from analysis, decision-making to execution.
This position is an opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills and will provide you with real “on the job” training. You will work with many different aspects of equity investments in both private and listed companies.
You will work closely with other key members in the KIRKBI investment team and get exposure to all investment areas within KIRKBI.
KIRKBI is the holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family and the formal owner of the LEGO® brand and manage an investment portfolio of around DKK 70 bn. In this position you will be assisting members of the investment team when analyzing investment opportunities primarily within quoted equity, long-term equity and private equity investments.
Your key tasks and accountabilities
- Support the investment team in industry, market and company research
- Financial and strategic analysis incl. valuation modelling (DCF, LBO and comparable multiples) and presentation of potential investments
- Take part in producing reporting material for the KIRKBI Board of Directors and the KIRKBI Investment Committee
- Monitoring and follow-up analysis of existing and future investment opportunities
- You have preferably finished you bachelor’s degree within a relevant field of study (Business administration/economics)
- You have an outstanding academic track record and are ranked at the top end of your class
- Fluent in Danish and English (written and spoken)
- Accustomed to Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Genuine interest in corporate finance/M&A and equity investments in general
- Strong problem solving mind-set and analytical skills
- Eagerness to learn with a humble and unassuming attitude
- Strong work ethic and paying attention to the detail
Ready to join us on our journey?
If you would like to join our motivated and deeply committed team, please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short letter indicating your interest. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About KIRKBI A/S
KIRKBI is the Kirk Kristiansen family’s private holding and investment company founded to promote a sustainable future for the family ownership of the LEGO brand through generations.
Our work is focused on three fundamental tasks all contributing to enabling the Kirk Kristiansen family to succeed with the mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow: We work to protect, develop and leverage the LEGO brand across all the LEGO branded entities. We are committed to a long-term and responsible investment strategy to ensure a sound financial foundation for the family’s activities. And, we are dedicated to support the family members as they prepare for future generations to continue the active and engaged ownership as well as supporting their private activities, companies and philanthropic work.
KIRKBI’s strategic activities include 75% ownership of the LEGO Group, 50% ownership of Merlin Entertainments and investments in renewable energy. The company’s investment activities also include significant long-term investments in companies such as ISS, Nilfisk, Landis+Gyr and Falck as well as real estate investments in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany and the UK. www.KIRKBI.com