Play & Health Specialist
Do you want to make a difference for children with special needs using your creativity, playfulness, and curiosity? Join us to explore, innovate and establish projects that can improve quality of life and support children with autism to develop a breadth of skills through Learning through Play.
Are you ready to contribute to making a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where Learning through Play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
Lead the Autism Project
Joining the LEGO Collaboration & New Ventures team, your role is to lead the Autism project, which is part of an important focus area for the LEGO Foundation – LEGO Play & Health. The project focuses on identifying, developing and scaling LEGO based concepts, physical and digital, for children with autism aged 2-12 years.
Develop Learning through Play concepts for children with autism
You will lead the Autism project as part of a larger initiative, i.e. LEGO Learning through Play for Children with Special Needs, that includes other projects, e.g. the LEGO Braille Bricks project, and that sit under LEGO Play & Health. The purpose of the Autism project is to identify and globalize Learning through Play-based educational concepts that support the unique needs and challenges involved in education for children with autism. The concepts are to drive inclusive learning structures and support strengthening of social, communicative and emotional skills.
You will join a team of 5 passionate colleagues that are working collaboratively to drive impact through reaching children with special needs via Learning through Play.
Likewise, you will work with a wide target audience that spans experts, professionals, practitioners, schools, NGOs, parents and service providers as you:
- Scout and assess LEGO Learning through Play-based concepts and methods on autism by working with relevant stakeholders inside and outside of the LEGO family. This also includes establishing criteria to evaluate concepts and methods.
- In collaboration with relevant stakeholders, drive the development, roll-out, and scale of concepts and methods aimed at practitioners/professionals, parents, etc.
- Test and document best practices for Learning through Play for children with autism
- Initiate impact studies and drive research collaboration projects and integrate findings into concepts
- Develop a Measurement, Evaluation and Learning framework and drive continuous measurement of concepts and methods together with implementation partners as well as internal and external MEL partners
- Establish in-house knowledge on autism, and build up a network of external experts, practitioners, schools, etc.
Business development in a health context
You’re a highly-skilled business developer and you know how to identify, develop and bring concepts to scale. You have strong stakeholder management skills and can interact with stakeholders across functions, borders, and professions. Also, you are known for your dynamic project management skills, and your ability to make things happen and turn ideas into manageable projects. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Hold a master’s degree for instance within Business, Finance or Management, or a degree in pedagogy, psychology or teaching
- Bring 7+ years of experience with business development, innovation and/or implementation of new concepts and products
- Bring 7+ years of project management in an international and cross-organisational setting
- Have experience working in an international setting preferably in the health sector, an NGO, foundation or a ministry
- Could have experience with autism or working with special needs, however, this is not mandatory
- Speak and write English effortlessly
Embark with us on our journey
In the LEGO Foundation we know creating change for the lives of children is a team effort.
Therefore, we are looking for colleagues who have a true collaborative mindset and who strive to achieve synergies across functional areas of expertise. Equal to working collaboratively, we also expect that you align activities in with our overall priorities, take ownership of problems as they arise and relentlessly drive progress. We are creating change in complex and changing environments, where our agility is key to ensuring the greatest impact. So being curious, learning from experience and striving for improvement are all qualities we are looking for.
Do you strive for the greater impact? Do you have a passion for Learning through Play? Are you ready to act as a role model for our values? Then you are the one we are looking for.
If you would like to join our team in Billund to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter in English.
- This position was posted in Mid-February
- We review applications as of February 2020
- We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
- We start with the interviews End-February